Tile Backsplash...

One of the things that instantly sold me on this house was the white kitchen, something that was a top priority on my house hunting wish list.  We looked at a lot of homes in a quick 2 day span over labor day weekend. Some had one or two things we liked, some had nothing we liked, but this one hit every mark...well, except a garden tub in the master bath, instead there is a giant walk in shower. One day we will put in a tub.

Anyway, the only thing the kitchen was lacking was a backsplash, something that is essential for cooking for me.

Here is the before...







 Here it is during the tile installation. The 4 big ones are marble and then I used subway tile for the rest. I rented a wet saw from Home Depot which was totally essential, and also very easy to use. I used premixed tile adhesive.
 There was a lot more cutting than I expected, thank goodness for the wet saw!



  And here it is complete. I used dry box grout that had to be mixed because we were told the premixed stuff would scratch the tile.  The grout took some work to get in, but it really wasn't hard. The whole project took about 12 hours over 2 days.
 And I couldn't be happier with the results!





So if you are thinking about tackling a tile project...Go for it! You can do it!!

Tiff

Comments

  1. So happy to hear you are getting settled in your new home. You did a beautiful job on the tile!
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, looks so nice.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts