The Franken Tree...

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving:) We hosted 18 in total which included my two oldest boys who drove in from Maine!  It was wonderful to have our new home full of family.

Traditionaly, the day after Thanksgiving is when we decorate for Christmas, and this year was no exception. As I brought the boxes of decorations up from the basement I quickly realized that this task was not going to be easy.  Our new house is totally different than our old one and is calling for a different look. So I said to myself...  Ok, I can do that...it will just take lots of editing and I will go for a simple look.  However, our two large trees (which are 9' trees, but you know how Christmas tree height goes, that means they are really only about 7') were looking waaayyy too small(the ceilings are very tall). I tried putting one on my little antique ice cream table. But it just looked silly.....



After lots of discussion about what to do and me not wanting to spend money on a new taller tree right now, my daughter and I decided to make a "Frankentree".  I took my 25 yr old tree and my 15 yr old tree and combined them.  The only problem was trying to fit the third center pole into the 2 other poles... a little hammering, some Gorilla glue, duct tape, and a wood flag pole took care of that. The other problem was that these two trees were totally different colors...one was more of a yellow green and the other a deep dark green.  But we took a chance and went for it, there was no turning back now!



And I couldn't be happier with the end results!!! It is the biggest tree we have ever had and I will have to gather lots of ornaments for it. And you can't even tell that it is two toned, it blended smoothly.


We went with a silver and red theme this year using things we already had plus one box of ornaments from Target.   It is a work in progress, but I like it so far.


Tiff

Comments

  1. It turned out so beautiful Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, your tree is beautiful!!

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful so far. I did a red and white tree this year too. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts