Why Briar Thicket Cottage...








I'm sure you are wondering where my new blog name came from, right? Well, maybe not, but I will tell you anyway :)  
When we decided that we were actually going to take a leap of faith and move, we had two choices in areas to live...northern Kentucky or Ohio around Cincinnati. Hubby took a job offer in downtown Cincinnati so we were really looking for his commute to be 30 minutes or less.  We initially thought we would like Mason, OH. It has great schools and nice neighborhoods. But the more we looked in that area and the surrounding Ohio towns we kept being drawn down to Kentucky. We like the rolling hills and the charm of the area.  And it didn't hurt that we got more house for our money down here!  Plus, everywhere around us, there are barn quilts!! I took it as a sign :)  Literally, all these are within 5 miles of us, and there are a few more that I haven't gotten pics of yet.  So, after looking at lots of houses in a short 2 day span over Labor Day weekend, we finally found a new construction spec home that had everything we wanted....a white kitchen, all hardwood floors on the first level, a relatively private backyard despite being in a big neighborhood, enough bedrooms, a dedicated craft room, a walk in pantry, curb appeal, and an open floor plan.  We found it in a town called Hebron...a small town with big base companies(Amazon, Wayfair, and the airport). And there is a ton of shopping just 15 minutes away in Florence, more than we have ever had.  And hubby's commute is only about 25 minutes! WooHooo!!

Hebron was orignally called Briar Thicket back in the 1800s. I love that name and wish it would have stuck, but oh well, I will adopt it as my own.  So that is where the Briar Thicket part came from...the cottage part is because our house isn't huge and I just feel it has a cottage look to it. And I really just liked the way it sounds. If you remember on my old blog, I asked if any of you named your home?  I never did come up with a name for our last home in Maine, for now we just refer to it as our house in Maine(we still own it and are renting it out).  But this new home already has a name and it just feels right...Briar Thicket Cottage.  

Tiff

Comments

Popular Posts